hiv status in thyroid!!!

dear shannon, i got a well job in arab country here i gave my blood for some medical check up for my job that is mainly for thyroid wbc rbc countings and sugar level but they didnot doing hiv test for me my question is in these check up there is any chances to know about hiv i had sex bfore 5 months and did hiv antibody test at 4.5 months results were negative but now im scared i need that job so what is my status now pls guide me. thank you dr shannon

Hi No unfortunately you have to have the HIV antibody test to determine whether or not you have HIV and this is something you have to request. The good news is the test you had is conclusive as long as during that 4.5 month time frame there were no other risk during that time. The guidelines for testing are to be intially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days and if that test is negative than so are you.

Am I missing something?
Dr shannon Help me help me need your advice