Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv status in thyroid!!!
Jan 4, 2013

dear shannon, i got a well job in arab country here i gave my blood for some medical check up for my job that is mainly for thyroid wbc rbc countings and sugar level but they didnot doing hiv test for me my question is in these check up there is any chances to know about hiv i had sex bfore 5 months and did hiv antibody test at 4.5 months results were negative but now im scared i need that job so what is my status now pls guide me. thank you dr shannon

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi No unfortunately you have to have the HIV antibody test to determine whether or not you have HIV and this is something you have to request. The good news is the test you had is conclusive as long as during that 4.5 month time frame there were no other risk during that time. The guidelines for testing are to be intially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days and if that test is negative than so are you.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Am I missing something?
Next
Dr shannon Help me help me need your advice

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.