The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Gay receptive anal sex

Jan 3, 2013

Sir ,I am from India . I had very short receptive anal sex of 6-7 minutes . The person was HIV positive (I later came to know on 05/12/2012). I had sex on 08/04/2012 . No full penetration was done . I also sucked his him . During anal penetration he used his lots of saliva . Does this can cause infection via anal ??

On 21/11/2012 , I tested for HIV status using rapid ELISA hiv test at our local clinic in INDIA . I got negative result . They gave me result within 50 minutes . I talked with the doctor because I suspected that , the result was available in 50 minutes . He is MBBS and DCP(Diploma in Clinical Pathology ).

The sensitivity : 99.62% specificity : 99.70% was written under the test result . No OD (Optical Density ) was written . I talked Doctor , He assured me that it is 7 and 1/2 month (almost 227 days ) .Results may be wrong only in window period .

Now Today on 05/12/2012 I came to know that the guy is positive .

What about my result ?? May I get infected ???

I am hopping your answer .

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days if this test is negative then so are you.

So yes, at 100 days having a test come back negative means that you are HIV free.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

transmission of hiv from a human bite
lab result

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint