For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Gay receptive anal sex

Sir ,I am from India . I had very short receptive anal sex of 6-7 minutes . The person was HIV positive (I later came to know on 05/12/2012). I had sex on 08/04/2012 . No full penetration was done . I also sucked his him . During anal penetration he used his lots of saliva . Does this can cause infection via anal ??

On 21/11/2012 , I tested for HIV status using rapid ELISA hiv test at our local clinic in INDIA . I got negative result . They gave me result within 50 minutes . I talked with the doctor because I suspected that , the result was available in 50 minutes . He is MBBS and DCP(Diploma in Clinical Pathology ).

The sensitivity : 99.62% specificity : 99.70% was written under the test result . No OD (Optical Density ) was written . I talked Doctor , He assured me that it is 7 and 1/2 month (almost 227 days ) .Results may be wrong only in window period .

Now Today on 05/12/2012 I came to know that the guy is positive .

What about my result ?? May I get infected ???

I am hopping your answer .

Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days if this test is negative then so are you.

So yes, at 100 days having a test come back negative means that you are HIV free.

transmission of hiv from a human bite
lab result