IM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW

Last night I had unprotected anal sex with an HIV+ man. I am a 29 year old male who is circumcised. I was "TOP" and before we started I asked him multiple times "are you clean" in which he responded yes. In the morning i woke up to a text saying he was HIV+. I began to freak out and cry because of my stupidity. I called the clinic right away to get answers they told me to come in for a PEP 6 months program. When they were asking me questions i let them know that he went to the doctor that morning as well and he was examined and he had no tears in his anus. HE also stated he checked for blood right after and there was none to be found. He also stated that he is POZ but undetected. I started the PEP medication in hopes that if I do come in contact with an HIV antibody the medication will kill it. Can you please advise me because im freaking out here?

Hi You had unprotected sex and so yes put yourself at risk for HIV and then to find out later that he indeed is living with HIV, getting to the clinic and on PEP was the best thing to do. We know that if someone living with HIV has an undetectable viral load has a 96% reduction in HIV transmission. The guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days if that test is negative than so are you.

You are on the right track with getting on PEP and following up with your healthcare provider.

I also want to talk to you about calling or asking someone if they are clean. This implies that if someone has HIV that they are dirty. When exploring future encounters or new partners, taking away the stigma of asking someone if they are clean can put someone on the defense and/or not feel they can tell you the truth. Just coming out and asking if someone has been tested or knows their status and if they say yes or no, having condoms available is so important. Take care of yourself and I hope and do believe that you will get through this with a negative result.

protected sex with escort - worried about hiv/aids/stds
HOW TO OVERCOME