protected sex with escort - worried about hiv/aids/stds

Dear doctor,

I had protected sex (oral and vaginal)with an escort a month ago and have been worried ever since.This was the first time i engaged with a hooker and used a condom.infact used a new condom because i noticed my condom was slipping off slowly.hence stopped and used a new one. there was no leak in the condoms or any visible tears. i had a shower both before and after the encounter. but i am still worried of hiv infections. I regret the act and will not engage in it again atleast with a hooker. i am thinking of taking the test in a months time. please advice.

Hi, YES! You had protected sex! This puts your risk of HIV transmission to very small. First we know that oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and you had protected intercourse.

Your overall risk of HIV transmission is very small. But because your partner has multiple partners it is important to be screened not just for HIV but for all of the other sexually transmitted infections. Testing guidelines for HIV are to be tested initially at 3 weeks then again at 90 days if this test is negative than so are you.

I had protected sex with an HIV + man
IM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW