I had protected sex with an HIV + man

Hello, I had protected sex with an HIV + man about a week ago and I am worry not only because of that but because I gave him oral sex and that was unproctected. Am I in high risk because of the oral sex? Ever since that day I feel as if I have a UTI? Please help I am very worried.

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and you had protected intercourse! Your risk of HIV transmission is very small. We also know that someone living with HIV who is on medication and has an undetectable viral load the risk of HIV transmission reduces by up to 96% and then with a condom increases that even more so.

The UTI is something that everyone can experience after having sex, both male and female it is not a symptom of HIV.

My husband is negative and I'm positive and he gets tested about every 6 months. I would recommend testing because you do know this persons status, in fact even if you didn't, it is important for everyone to know their status. But from what you have described you encounter carried a low risk.

5-day headache
protected sex with escort - worried about hiv/aids/stds