The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please help ! Oral sex

Jan 2, 2013

I had protected oral sex with a sex worker when I got done I seen bite marks looked healed already but just bruised.. But it was scap pealing on it. Am I at high risk for hiv cause of the cuts/teeth marks on my penis!?? And what if she had blood in her mouth her status is unknown I'm worried..also a few days later the skin peeled on the bruises! It look like the first layer of skin only but i don't know! Am I at high risk ?

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission, with the biting you could see that increase some but not a lot. Especially if all you saw was bruising on your skin. For transmission to occur through biting it would have to be a significant bite and the other person would have to have had a cut or wound open in their mouth that was bleeding for the exchange of body fluid to happen as HIV transmission does not happen through saliva. You however, could be at risk for other sexually transmitted infections, my recommendation to you would be to receive a full STI screening by your health care provider. But as far as your HIV concern the likelihood of transmission is very small.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

dear shannon, need your expert advice
Could I have been infected? (Many Posts but no answer)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint