Inserting penis into vagina but with no actual penetration

I can't seem to find this particular question anywhere. I do not know my partners std status. My partner rubbed his penis on my vulva unprotected and I have read that the risk is low, if nonexistent. However, he inserted his penis into my vagina and I pulled back and told him to wear a condom, which we used for sexual intercourse. My only concern is that one time insertion. In and out...wore the condom and continued safe sex. Obviously he was being sneaky and I was being smart but now I am beating up myself for it and although I know that the risk may be low, I don't know for sure. It was truly an in and out...one insertion...no penetration. He is an Police officer, who although does look healthy, does not mean he might not have HIV. What is my risk for this incident for contracting HIV? Thank you in advance.

HI This would also be considered low risk. If intercourse had continued for longer than the risk would increase, but since it was just a brief encounter the risk would still be considered very low. Also, not sure I would call him sneaky, just got caught up in the moment. good for you for stopping and getting the condom on. Next time just start with the condom and there won't be any worries! You are also correct in that just how someone looks or what they do for a living doesn't mean they have HIV or any other illness.

broken condom
hiv urine test