Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Inserting penis into vagina but with no actual penetration
Jan 2, 2013

I can't seem to find this particular question anywhere. I do not know my partners std status. My partner rubbed his penis on my vulva unprotected and I have read that the risk is low, if nonexistent. However, he inserted his penis into my vagina and I pulled back and told him to wear a condom, which we used for sexual intercourse. My only concern is that one time insertion. In and out...wore the condom and continued safe sex. Obviously he was being sneaky and I was being smart but now I am beating up myself for it and although I know that the risk may be low, I don't know for sure. It was truly an in and out...one insertion...no penetration. He is an Police officer, who although does look healthy, does not mean he might not have HIV. What is my risk for this incident for contracting HIV? Thank you in advance.

Response from Ms. Southall

HI This would also be considered low risk. If intercourse had continued for longer than the risk would increase, but since it was just a brief encounter the risk would still be considered very low. Also, not sure I would call him sneaky, just got caught up in the moment. good for you for stopping and getting the condom on. Next time just start with the condom and there won't be any worries! You are also correct in that just how someone looks or what they do for a living doesn't mean they have HIV or any other illness.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
broken condom
Next
hiv urine test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.