Can hiv virus survive in muddy water?
Dec 31, 2012
I was skating downtown and i got bird poop on my hand and i went to wash my hands in a puddle of water in the grass and i put my hands in the water and noticed a syringe in water and i quickly pulled my hands out and washed them and used hand sanatizer, could i have gotten hiv virus on my hands?
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question,
There is absolutely no risk of HIV from this situation. NONE. Simply put, HIV cannot survive out of a human body. Therefore, there would be no HIV to infect you in that puddle of water.
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- What Does A Herpes Bump Look Like?
- What Color Are Herpes Lesions?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- Treatment Of Chlamydia How Long Before Symptoms Gone
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.