Am in anxiety i may be Asymptomatic to HIV

I HAVE A WHITISH LESSIONS ON THE TOP SURFACE OF MY TONGUE PLUS REGULAR MUCUS IN MY NOSE AND THROAT DAILY SINCE MY FIRST SEXUAL ENCOUNTER WITH A PROSTITUTE IN DECEMBER 2010, IT WAS A PROTECTED SEX BUT I HAVE DOUBTS. I TESTED NEGATIVE SEVERAL TIMES THROUGH OUT 2011 BUT STILL I EXPERINCE MUCUS IN MOUTH AND THROAT AND WHITISH TONGUE( LEUKOPLAKIA)-LIKE LESSIONS

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Protected sex is a great way to prevent HIV transmission. There is no need to have doubts, condoms are incredibly good at what they do! You will continue to test negative for HIV, because with a condom you had no chance of getting HIV.

Your doubts seem connected to some anxiety that's not based in fact though.. I hear this even in how you presented your question: on one hand it sounds like you're saying you have no symptoms (asymptomatic) and on the other it sounds like you're worried because of "symptoms" (whitish lesions on the top surface of your tongue).

I get it. It can be really hard to get past our fears, even if they're based merely on emotions and not the facts in front of us. But for you to live a healthy and happy life in the long term, you're going to need to figure out a way to move on from this.

One key way of doing this is to talk with a trusted person, like a mental health professional.

Hope this helps!

Erik

please resond, I'm an emotional trainwreck
fingering