Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please resond, I'm an emotional trainwreck
Dec 31, 2012

So here it is doctor. About 34 day ago I had sex with a female prostitite which consisted of vaginal and anal with protection. I also had a recent cut on my index finger. Those were my risks

My symptoms as follows is in chronological oder as acurately as i can remember them. First I felt just kind of groggy for a few days, also I was having diareaha and blood in the stool. The symtoms continued for a little over a week until I saw a doctor. I also had an ulcer on the side of my tongue. The doctor had a stool sample ordered, a wtb count and a blood culture on my reguest. I had mentioned my recent sexual encounter and he made a note of it. my test came back all normal. A few days after that I developed a polyp on the inside part of my lip. It went a way in a few days. I say polyp because thats what it looked like from pictures from the internet. After that went away I felt ok for a few days until I started to feel groggy and weak again. with new headaches, feeling of hottness which has been with me since about day 2. I check my temp but it only got to 98 at the highest. when I saw the doctor the nurse checked it and said it was 99. I got hot burning sensations in my hands and feet that come and go. and just haven't been feeling well.

On day 32 I went and got an hiv test done at planned parent hood. Rapid test came back negative. I feel awful body wise and mentally. I plan on getting an early detection dna pcr test just so I can keep my sanitiy or not.

can you tell me if my symptoms and when they happend to the correlation of my antibody test and my wbc test could be ars or an initail infection? please respond my mind is dancing more and more with the dark side and just would love an unbias response just cause I don't think I can take the anticipation of my new test results from the dna pcr test I'm going to take tomorrow. I also would like to say one more thing just for all who ever reads this. I knew what hiv was it just never dawned on me the way it has that sex can end your life. what a messed case of irony.

Response from Ms. Southall

HI Having protected sex obviously decreases your chances tremendously. You are on the right track with getting tested. The guidelines are to be tested initially at 3 weeks post exposure then again at 90 days. If this test is negative then so are you! If your symptoms continue I would follow up with your health care provider for evaluation. I would ask for a complete sexually transmitted infection screening which should include an HIV test. But your risk of HIV transmission is very small because of wearing protection.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
its my 4 time pls answer me pls
Next
Am in anxiety i may be Asymptomatic to HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.