Receptive Anal Sex - Condom Broke

Hey

I apologise for repeating a question that has been asked repeatedly but as the situation always differs from person to person, i was unable to find an answer to a situation that was identical to mine.

I work in Shenzhen, China. I recently had receptive anal sex with another teacher, a black african american. We used a condom and after 10 minutes or so i heard a popping/snapping sound and within 5 seconds he removed the condom and it was broken (a small flap had appeared at the top of the condom). Before sex i had asked him if he had been tested and if he had always used protection, he answered yes to both questions (STI testing is needed to gain entry to Shenzhen and he has only had one sexual partner since). However i am a natural worrier and am always quick to mistrust people and panic. So what is my risk of HIV infection?

Hi We know that receptive anal sex carries the highest risk of HIV infection but when you wear a condom that dramatically reduces. I'm glad to hear that you were able to be alert and aware of what was going on and heard the condom breaking and stopped. This was a very good thing to do! Your risk of HIV transmission from this is very small, but the condom did break. Because of this I would recommend you receiving testing but again feel your risk is very low. The testing guidelines are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days if this test is negative then so are you!

HIV from cutting foot on needles and broken glass beach?
am i at risk