Its my 4th time i am posting this,need help!!

Sorry for the long story but i just want to make sure that you know all the details. I had an unprotected sex with another guy on 20/10/2012. He told me he was negative but still for my peace of mind i went to a charity foundation and had a free hiv test using the finger prick equipment on 15/12/2012. Thanks to god the the result was negative.The other guy also had a test for two days to mine and he said he was negative too. After i left the room and on my way back to home i realized that i did not see the nurse taking the test equipment out from a new pack. When i went inn,he asked me few question and then he asked me to wash my hands and by the time i came back everything was ready and i had my test.

SO for the peace of my mind again i had another test via NHS and that was a week after my first test on 21/12/2012 and two days ago my GP informed me that its negative.

However two days back i had these rash on the middle of my chest and i also had headaches some some time. I am once again worried that what if the equipment used by the charity was used on someone else before me and i might have caught hiv from it.

Can you please help me out as i am freaked out at this time. Can you tell me if i might have caught hiv or can it me something else?

Thanks.

HI You had unprotected sex and it put yourself at risk not just for HIV but for all of the other sexually transmitted infections. The testing guidelines for HIV is to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days if this test is negative than you are HIV free.

Your testing history tells me you need a test at 90 days but then with your symptoms you need to be tested for all of the other STI's. My recommendation to you would be to see your health care provider for evaluation.

As far as the testing, there are standards in place to ensure that the testing is done correctly and those of us who go out to offer testing want to ensure that we are doing everything right. Getting HIV from testing of any sort is really rare and just doesn't happen.

Dr Shannon Please Help - Scared to Death Please Help
unprotected sex