The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I m depress

Dec 30, 2012

Dear Sir, My name is anand,I am 32 yrs single.....I have one concern in my mind actually I had a unprotected physical relation (once) with a 33 yr unmarried whom i hardly know about we met 1st time,since then i m very much disturbed as i have no idea how many times she has done with how many..even i have asked same to her but she only accepted that i had a relation with 1 married guy from 3-4 years before you. Sir, I have query that,during intercourse(without protection) with her I ejected my sperms out side.(not inside her).so plz let me know does it matters ejected sperms inside or outside as far as STD/HIV concern?....Or if it is matters then what should i do?? Should i go for tests?? if yes then what type of tests ?and where?........

Request for suggestion and help

Anand Gulaty

Response from Ms. Southall

HI From what I understand from you question you had unprotected sex. This puts you at risk for HIV transmission and so yes you need to be tested. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure then again at 90 days if this test is negative then so are you. I would recommend not just HIV testing but for all of the other sexually transmitted infections.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Further advice on testing needed
Will bactrim ds tablets and hydrocortisone injections affect the HIV test results.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint