Possible hiv problem

Hi Dr,

Have a nice day, Just call me MBI28 from phlippines, here's my story I have an unprotected sex last august 2011, after 1 month i got a flu, cough etc, then i decided to go to the hospital just because i got sick for almost 3 weeks. I test CBC,Chest Xray, typoid , Urinalysis.. and everything is normal. After that i noticed that im not feeling well then i go back and try to another hospital to test it again, there is some changes happened with my cbc test, my wbc got a little bit high, my platelets was slightly down.Then i noticed that i have a painfull lympnodes in my groin. That time I go to a Social Hygiene clinic in the phlippines to take a free rapid hiv test. ( one month after the last contact august - sept 2011 test negative ) also that month I took the last woman that i having sex, actually there are two june 2011 and august 2011 and both of them is negative. I worried that the last woman is having a swollen nodes in her neck. After a month Dec 2011 I decided to test for Hiv, STD's and vdrl test still also negative, but my lymph nodes are spread in my body from groin, neck, jaw, nape, elbow and under my knees. After that I test hiv, sti and vdrl again at July 2012 and negative again. The last hiv test is this last November 2012 but still negative result. So what can i do? My generalized lymph nodes are still here, and im not feeling well for almost a year. My doctor ask me to take a CBC, xray and sputum test and all test are normal execpt a little bit high wbc, and my doctor gave a vitamin c. Doc can you help me what can i do with this problem?

Ps: I know that i am healthy and strong before that thing happen but right now i got sick almost everyday..

Thanks

Hi The testing guidelines are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure then again at 90 days. If this test is negative then so are you. With your testing history having your last test more than a year after the exposure you can be certain that it is not HIV. I would recommend that you continue following your health care provider for evaluation and see if they are able to diagnose you with what is happening, but know that again if there have been no other exposures in the year that you have been receiving testing and with the negative results than you are HIV free.

Be well and I hope you are able to get answers, Shannon

im getting paranoid thinking much about this!! need help!
How safe is having blowjob/sex in strip clubs