The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Am I at risk?

Dec 29, 2012

I had nude massage from a Thai sex worker in Thailand.

I guess she was lactating (By looking at her boobs). She applied cream over her breasts and asked me to suck. I sucked for almost 2 to 3 minutes and I felt something watery and stopped. She gave me a hand job and I left the place. I didnt had any sex with her but had sucked her boobs.

After a week, I had severe fatigue and mild body temperature, sore throat which lasted for 10 days.

I was feeling as if Im going to die and have contacted HIV! I took HIV Elisa after 1 month which was negative. Later I took HIV Elisa after 2 months and It was negative.

My question is, since I have tested negative now (after 2 months), is there a possibility of me testing positive in next 1 month time?

Im very much tensed and getting shivers thinking of HIV!

Please help me!

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Getting HIV through sucking breast is a very small risk it is an increased risk for nursing mothers to their babies as they take in a large volume of milk. As for the testing, the recommendation is to have an initial test at 3 weeks post exposure then another test at 90 days if this is negative then so are you. I would recommend the test at your 90 day mark and you can move on from there. Of course this means that no other modes of transmission occurred during this time.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Std/ HIV
HIV from Rapid Test?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint