doubt about hiv transmission!!!

hello dr shannon,excuse me for my english all experts says that a one time exposure is very small to transmit hiv through women to men however the hiv transmission occurs in a time to men am i right? how it is happening ?low hiv virus cannot make hiv positive to men?sorry for my language im indian kindly understand my question and answer to me this is helpful to all .thank you

Hi I'm hoping I understand your question correctly. HIV transmission from women to men is very difficult but it can happen it is much easier for men to infect women. This is anatomy women have more mucous membranes inside for the virus to be absorbed into the body where with men there is only one way in if there are no open sores on the penis. Yes a low viral load for either sex, male or female, makes transmission less likely as well.

I hope this helps, Be well and stay safe, Shannon

hiv
Combo testing accuracy