Seems like I have HIV symptoms; need expert advice please.

Hi, please bear with my long description; I just want to give you all possible details. I am an Indian guy working in US. I had protected sex with a strip girl and an escort (prostitute) with a gap of a week. I used condom but I am not sure about its type and didn't check if it was broken. First incident happened in first week of Nov and other one in second week of same month. After two weeks of second incident I went to India on vacation for 4 weeks. During my stay in India (In third week - i.e. almost after 4.5 weeks of incident) I got a single shaking chill at night; it was really bad but it went away after 2-3 hours and then next day I had a temperature and weakness along with some swelling in my groin area and it was painful.But fever it lasted for a day only and pain in groin area was also not that painful after 3-4 days. However I still have two bean like structures one on my penis and other on exactly near end of penis but not on penis. I can feel it with finger tips if pushed.

I cam beck to US for work on Christmas eve (after almost one and half week of this illness) and then read an artical about HIVsymptoms. Now I am scared to death as all the above symptoms as are listed for HIV infection. Additionally now I have a sour throat since last 2-3 days since I returned. Also tonight (exactly after 2 weeks since I had single chill) I experienced unusual sweating in my neck area during sleep. My pillow was wet. But there was no seating in any other areas.

Do you think I have HIV? Can these symptoms occur after a gap of two weeks like it happened in my case i.e. sweating after worst single chill experience two weeks ago? I am scared to death and can't even sleep properly. Please help me. I am planning to perform a home test using OraQuick kit available over the counter. Is that a good idea?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Your risks were low. By using a condom you protected yourself against HIV. Also, you would have known if the condom had broken. Condoms are engineered to bust. If it had broken, you would have noticed the condom was not covering your penis when you withdrew from your partners vagina. Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV. It sounds like your immune system is fighting something off, but based on everything you have told me, I am confident it is not HIV. In regards to the bean shaped structures, I am not sure what that is, it does not sounds STD related. If they do not go away perhaps a visit to the doctor is in order. They may be able to tell you what it is.

The at home tests are very reliable outside of the 90 day window, but based on your incidences I do not think you need to test. Any testing done would be for your peace of mind only.

In health,

Richard

std list
aids from mutual masturbation