Possible HIV infection

I am a male that had unprotected oral sex with a guy on Nov. 18th, 2012. I ingested one pill of ecstasy and smoked a little bit of pot. I gave and received oral only, each of us only for a minute. I did not cum in his mouth and neither did he in mine. I did not like the way his breathe smelled ( like feces) I did not want to continue with any oral or other type of risky behavior just mutual masterbation. Within 24 hours I came down with a UTI. Was tested for gonorrhea & chlamydia and came back negative. I was prescribed 100mg doxycycline twice for 10 days & a 250mg shot of cephalosporin. Was feeling more agitation and went back to Dr's office and got another shot 1000mg of cephalosporin. Finished my prescribed dose of doxycycline and symptoms started to come back. Went back to the Dr. and was prescribed 100mg Cipro 30 days twice a day and another 1000mg of cephalosporin. On the 15th of December I started to feel my lymph nodes in my neck and groin area be extremely painful. That lasted thill about the 17th. I actually started to feel better then on Dec. 23rd I was starting to cough a little and did not think much about it. The evening of Dec. 24th I got hit with the chills, night sweats, diarrhea, aches in my joints and muscles. I have extreme thirst and feel very feverish. No desire to eat. I HAVE NEVER felt anything like this before. My lymph nodes are swollen but not as painful as they were over a week ago. I have been taking Nyquil and Mucenex D and have not been feeling much relief. I have been getting night sweats ever since the 24th. I am afraid to go to bed and wake up with more sweating. I have not slept good at all in the since the chills broke out. I can go from being very hot and sweaty to freezing cold in minutes. I have been experiencing every asymptomatic hiv symptom except for rashes. Very worried. I was foolish. Please help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The problem with symptoms is that for each symptom out there, you have a dozen things that it could be caused by. When we talk about symptoms and HIV infection it's only remotely connected when there has been a high risk incident, such as unprotected receptive anal sex (with ejaculation).

In your case, the risk was low. It would be very unlikely for transmission to have occurred. If your symptoms continue then I would suggest a visit to your doctor to determine what the cause(s) might be.

In health,

Richard

I'm infected? help
Gonorrhea