Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Could I be infected?
Dec 28, 2012

Okay so I've had three sexual experiences with other men in my life. Once I received oral, the second I gave a handjob, and the third I attempted to give oral. When I tried to give oral, I basically licked his penis twice and got scared so I stopped. As far as I can remember he didn't have any cuts or anything on his penis, nor did I in my mouth. Also he did not pre-cum or even slightly cum at all. The time I received oral was the same, just reversed. The one thing I'm worried about is the time I gave the handjob. I finished the guy off, but I noticed a small amount of his semen got on my hands. Now I don't remember if I had a cut or anything on that, I'm sure I didn't or else the lube would have disturbed it. But now I'm just wondering if I could possibly contracted HIV from him. I've asked him before if he is HIV positive and he has told me no, several times in fact since I constantly asked him out of fear. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

All three of these incidences were low risk. Oral sex is a lower risk activity. The short length of time you were engaged in oral sex lowered the risk even further. As for the other incident, skin is a good barrier against the virus. It would take a fairly extreme incident for the virus to makes its way into the bloodstream via the surface of the skin. For example, if you got into a fist fight with someone who was infected AND had a high viral load, punching them in the face, breaking the surface of your skin on their teeth, and then having their blood forced into your bloodstream could result in a higher risk incident.

Bottom line: I do not think you should be concerned. I do not think you need to be tested for these incidences.

In health,

Richard

Previous
dear richard
Next
STD Risk

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.