Could I be infected?

Okay so I've had three sexual experiences with other men in my life. Once I received oral, the second I gave a handjob, and the third I attempted to give oral. When I tried to give oral, I basically licked his penis twice and got scared so I stopped. As far as I can remember he didn't have any cuts or anything on his penis, nor did I in my mouth. Also he did not pre-cum or even slightly cum at all. The time I received oral was the same, just reversed. The one thing I'm worried about is the time I gave the handjob. I finished the guy off, but I noticed a small amount of his semen got on my hands. Now I don't remember if I had a cut or anything on that, I'm sure I didn't or else the lube would have disturbed it. But now I'm just wondering if I could possibly contracted HIV from him. I've asked him before if he is HIV positive and he has told me no, several times in fact since I constantly asked him out of fear. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

All three of these incidences were low risk. Oral sex is a lower risk activity. The short length of time you were engaged in oral sex lowered the risk even further. As for the other incident, skin is a good barrier against the virus. It would take a fairly extreme incident for the virus to makes its way into the bloodstream via the surface of the skin. For example, if you got into a fist fight with someone who was infected AND had a high viral load, punching them in the face, breaking the surface of your skin on their teeth, and then having their blood forced into your bloodstream could result in a higher risk incident.

Bottom line: I do not think you should be concerned. I do not think you need to be tested for these incidences.

In health,

Richard

dear richard
STD Risk