dear richard

Hi richard, I always have always had herpes simplex on my upper lip and nose, since young I have had herpes simple ... 3 month ago i had sex with a girl, (umprotected) unknown hiv status .. I take hiv test 3 month and two weeks ... (negative) it was blood test lab.

but lately I'm having multiple herpes in different parts of the body, neck, leg, back part of the arm. I have fear that is associated with HIV

if I have herpes simplex often, is because I have HIV? I'm becoming positive or what?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The additional outbreaks you have been experiencing have nothing to do with HIV. Your three month test would be considered conclusive.

In regards to the additional outbreaks, two things may have happened:

1. You were already infected with Herpes (1 or 2) in other areas of your body.

2. You were recently exposed to the virus in other areas of your body besides your face.

If you are experiencing additional outbreaks I would suggest talking with your doctor about medications available to you. There are once-daily options and the kind that you take when you feel an outbreak coming on. You and your doctor can decide if medication will be right for you.

In health,

Richard

Worried about contracting
Could I be infected?