Might I have HIV?

Hi, the last time I had sex, it was oral unprotected 5 or 6 years ago, and about 6-8 months ago, I had two HIV tests, both Elisa, I believe. I took 1 at my dr's office, and wouldn't find out for a week. I couldn't wait, so I went to a local clinic the next day. Both tests were Negative. Although, I do often visit someone who definitely IS infected, and possibly live with someone infected, because they had unsafe sex together, but the one I live with won't get tested. So you know, neither of the two are the one I had sex with, although the one I did have sex with, had a few partners die of Aids in the last 10-20 years. I didn't know that when we had sex, but years after she had those partners, we went donate plasma, and were both negative for HIV. Now, the infected person's dog licks my mouth and licks in my ears, after sometimes doing it to her. I try to prevent it, but it does it quickly. Could that transmit the virus? Also, I'm suddenly worried again, because I've had white tongue a lot in my life, but lately it's now starting to hurt and burn when I eat and drink sodas. I don't know if it's ulcers, though I did see some white tiny bumps on my tongue, but today my dr said, she didn't see any ulcers, but that my tongue looked raw and white. I figure either ulcers or candida, both said to accompany HIV carriers. In addition to that, the pinky nails on both feet curl under the toe and are brown/black and thick, although I hadn't washed my feet or cut my toenails thoroughly in a long while, because I fear getting in the shower and using thesame nailclipper as my room mate, because she won't get tested.

So my symptoms are:

White/raw tongue (Candida/Ulcers) Or could it be from my vigorous toothbrushing? brown/back curled toenails frequent boils on my neck that get red and infected bad tension headaches tired often (although I sleep only 3 hours a night)

Please, I know you can't diagnose online, and I will check again, but my next appointment isn't for another 5 weeks.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You've got a lot going on in your question. Let me see if I can jump straight to answering your actual questions:

1. You cannot catch HIV from a dog. The "H" in HIV stands for "Human". You can only HIV from another human being.

2. You are HIV negative. Your tests confirmed that.

3. If these symptoms continue, I would suggest a visit to a doctor. It is not HIV.

In health,

Richard

consulta sobre vih
co-infection