straight forward question pls answer this!!

hi dr shannon, i had a sex just 1 time with condom but it broke .she has hiv positive. after 12th&17th week i did hiv antibody blood test both are negative .my question is am i hiv free?can i trust these results? pls tell me thank you.

Hi The testing guidelines are to be tested initially at 3 weeks and then again at 90 days. If this test shows negative and there have been no other exposures then you are HIV free. You have fallen into this with being tested at 17 weeks. So yes you are HIV free from the exposure. There are 2 items I would like to talk with you about. First many times the reason the condom breaks is because it was put on incorrectly, the condom had damage prior to being placed on or was expired. So ensure that the condom is new, not damaged and then when placing it on make sure you pinch the tip of the condom as you roll it on as this is where the fluid will go when you cum. Second, HIV is hard to transmit from women to men, it is possible but it is a small risk and really small if she is on medication and has an undetectable viral load.

Tonsils and hiv....
Help!