Tonsils and hiv....
Dec 27, 2012
I'm just curious as to whether or not there is any connection between the enlargement of tonsils and hiv? Or hiv would play any role in tonsillitis for that matter.
Response from Dr. Young
Enlarged tonsils are common in the general (and HIV negative) population. There's no particular reason to suspect that enlarged tonsils are an indication of HIV infection.
If you're unsure of your status, you should get HIV tested, as is now recommended as part of routine health care for all persons.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Prickling Tingle Symptoms In Vagina
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.