should i get test?

hello dr shannon i had a sex with sex worker i used condom but it was torn at the cumm time but i didnt take hiv test 6 months completed now but no more severe symptoms like flu or rashes but i had slightly headache and muscle tecnse i thought bcoz of my anxiety what is your advice dr shannon please tell me thank you..

Hi I'm sorry that your condom broke. First let me begin with 9 times out of 10 a condom breaks because it was put on incorrectly. Make sure that you pinch the tip of the condom to ensure there is room for fluid to go when you do you cum. Always throughout sex make sure you continue to ensure the condom is staying on. Anytime you have had unprotected sex or a condom failure this is considered an exposure and you should get tested. The guideline for testing is to be initially tested at 3 weeks and then again at 90 days as long as no other exposure happen during this time and your test is negative then so are you. The likelihood from your experience that there was a HIV transmission is small but because of the condom failure it is important to know your status. Also not everyone has signs and symptoms at the same time. Some could have them right away some can be years after, but testing will always show up within the window period, 3 weeks to 90 days.

thrd tme postng my queston!!!!
HIV test (3rd time posting)