The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

"Help me DR Help me please".............!

Dec 26, 2012

Few days ago About 20 to 25 days i had oral sex with sex worker.while performing oral sex(i was on top) the girl put my penis in her vegina without comdom and i suddenly took it out again after 15 min she puts my penis inside and i took it out ( this was happen 3 times ) then i told her not to do it again and i finished oral sex.I know some veginal fluid has touched my penis.from the next day i am in great anxiety and having some tingling sensation in my groin area,dry mouth n throat,some gas problem and acidity. dr can u please tell me is this because of hiv what is my risk of getting infected with hiv.

Response from Ms. Southall

HI You had unprotected sex, no matter the brevity of the exposure it was unprotected. You also put yourself at risk of all of the other sexually transmitted infections. Your best bet is to receive a complete screening for not just HIV but all of the other STI's. Your risk of getting HIV is small but there is a risk. It is small because it is difficult for women to pass the virus onto men, but it is possible and having unprotected sex increases that risk.

The guidelines for testing is to be initially tested at 3 weeks and then again at 90 days. If during that time there is no other exposure and the test comes back HIV negative than so are you.

Be well and wear condoms!!!


Shannon Please answer me
Needle from PIN, given to me @ dept. store, stuck

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint