Worried about contracting HIV

Hi Dr Wohl, I have always been so paranoid about contracting HIV. That's why I don't allow myself to experience much of anything with anyone. I met up with this guy, that I met the same night, and all he did was kiss my neck, ears, and nipples. He ended up putting my penis in his mouth for three seconds before I pulled it out. I feel like I put myself in danger of contracting HIV with this exposure. Did I put myself in danger? I swear, I feel like I can never have any kind of sexual pleasure because of my fear of contracting HIV. It's been weighing heavy on me and I haven't been able to sleep for two days. Please help me. Thank you! Chris

None of the activities you describe are risk for HIV. Kissing and nipple sucking present zero risk. I would also say that having someone perform oral sex on you is not risky for HIV transmission. The real risk is unprotected sex (anal or vaginal) with a person whose HIV status you do not know.

Knowing the facts will hopefully help you feel comfortable being intimate with another person.

Can HIV live inside batter or baked goods
pep needed? Please help me