Can HIV live inside batter or baked goods

My family member recently discovered that their ex partner was using drugs and engaging in risky stuff thus a breakup. This family member made cupcakes with my family, children as well. The person had a cut finger and some blood may have gotten near the batter. This person is older and refuses to get an HIV test. Is there any chance if this person is positive that this can effect the kids or people consuming the batter and cupcakes? A nervous parent~

Dear Nervous,

There is no risk of pastry associated HIV. First of all, even if blood somehow got into the batter the amount would likely be small. Second, baking would destroy the virus. Third, HIV is hard to acquire through the mouth.

So, I would not worry at all.

Misleading Information
Worried about contracting HIV