PEP

Hi doc, I was placed on atripla for PEP. At first I used to take the pill at 2pm but couldn't deal with the side effects. So I moved down to 4pm and a couple days later to 6pm rather straight away from 2pm to 6pm. Do u think I made a mistake and compromise the effectiveness of the PEP treatment? I am on day 23 now on atripla. 5 days more to complete the PEP duration,

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- No, I think you made a smart decision to move the time to a time where you could reasonably take the medication and complete the 28 day course. The half life of the medications in Atripla are very long and the way you structured the change in dosing time was perfect. Hang in there. Take care, LHW

Badly Bitten Lip
How risky is to be in a serodiscordant relationship?