Very worried, please help!!!

I've asked this question 5 times and have gotten no response and I know it might not seem "important" but it is to me and I've been worried sick. Bottom line, I purchased and over the counter HIV test. My test was negative. Out of curiosity, i took the test apart and touched the membrane and the cotton pad at the top of the test. I'm worried because I read online that these tests contain HIV antigen and now I'm terrified that I may have gotten infected this way because I wiped the inside of my eye before I washed my hands. I don't know what antigens are and if they are a risk. Please please please someone help me!

Hi I apologize that your question has not been answered yet and it is just as important to us as any of the questions asked. The short answer is no. The antigen is part of the testing to show HIV antibodies as that is what the testing is testing for. Your body making antibodies against HIV. HIV does not survive once outside of the body so even if there were HIV present once it hits the air outside of the body there is not a concern of HIV transmission happening.

Are these symptoms of HIV??
HIV and fungal infection