Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

MSM RISK and how long to wait for hiv results...
Dec 18, 2012

Ive had two possible exposures back in september and october... The first incident included; me performing oral sex with a condom, me rimming the guy with no protection, mutual masterbation (one dick on top of the other), i stuck my fingure in his ass and i attempted protected an sex with a condom howecer i do believe i was penetrated. i also got some precum on my fingures while putting on the first condom. the second incident I gave another guy a blow job and i may have gotten some precum in my mouth, i also had wisdom teeth comming in so tmy gums were a little inflamed. we also rimmed. Ive had no symptoms at 12 weeks and 7 weeks of the other. I also tested negative at 79 and 40 days after the possible exposure. I met both on a dating site and barerly knew either one. They both said they were clean but who knows. They were also both young 20 and 21. Ive read the testing window is 3 months but i went to he emergency room and they told me 95% become positive at 6 months and that most convert between 4 and 10 weeks. Ive been on xanax since. They said their hospital info is updated regularly and and the most accurate. From what ive seen on the internet they say 3 months is conclusive and most antubodies develop between 4-6 weeks. and the only reason to test out side of 3 months is if ur immune system is extremely weak. Whats the right answer and my chance of getting hiv as ive described? Im freakin out i cant take waiting another 9 months for conclusive results. I also started taking testosterone for low t, would this affect the test at all????

Response from Dr. Wohl

What you are told was correct. Most people who are truly infected have antibodies by 4 weeks and certainly by 12 weeks.

DW

Previous
HIV or not?
Next
Risk through small cut on scrotum?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.