Likelihood of transmission
Dec 17, 2012
I helped a friend who is hiv positive change a dressing as they had cut the top of their finger off with a knife. I was wearing gloves and there was light blood stained fluid on them that had leaked thru the previously dressing. My question is if I then grabbed the scissors the asked for with dirty gloves immediately after touching the oozing dressing then took the gloves off 1 minute later and pick up the scissors with my bare hand with broken skin around my nail that wasn't bleeding, am I at risk of transmission?
Response from Dr. Wohl
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Could I Get HIV If I Accidentally Was Stuck With An Infected Drug User Syringe
- Is AIDS An Autoimmune Disease?
- How Long Before AIDS Symptoms Appear?
- Which Race/ethnicity Category Has The Highest Number Of Cases Diagnosed With Hiv/aids?
- If Condom Popped But Person Did Not Cum Is There Possibiliy For Hiv Infection?
- How Much Does Procrit Cost?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.