will i be infected

I am a postman and recently noticed on my round blood on the letterboxes of a lot of houses in a particular area. This blood I'm assuming was from someone that got bitten. I'm not sure how long it has been there but it looked dried. What I'm concerened about is that I have a cut on the finger I use to open the letterboxes therefore touching this bloodl with an open wound. Should I be worried?

Ive only just noticed this blood and have been probably touching this blood for a while not realising. Am I in danger?

Many thanks

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There's no risk for HIV from what you're telling me. You can not get HIV from dried blood ever. Even if there was a way to get inside your body (a cut), there wouldn't be anything to infect you.

Hope this helps!

Erik

HIV
little red bumbs