Yet another oral sex question

Ms. Southall,

I almost sure I know what you're going to say, but I'm going to ask anyway. I met a young lady through a dating service. Things got very hot between us on our first date and I performed oral sex on her for at least a half-hour. Nothing else happened as we didn't feel comfortable going any further. I have no reason to believe she has any diseases. Is testing for HIV recommended for this episode? And, in general, how risky is cunnilingus? I mean, I've never seen a dental dam and don't know where to find one. I don't think I put myself at-risk - just seeking some clarity.

Thanks,

Sol

Hi Sol Your instincts are correct! Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and so no getting tested from this experience is not something we would strongly recommend someone getting tested for! As for the dental dam, you can find them if you do some searching most especially at erotica stores. A great alternative to the dental dam is saran wrap! Just make sure it's the microwavable kind (because of the porous make to allow steaming)

Also remember that you cannot tell by how someone "looks" to decide their risk. Also not just HIV is possible transmission through sexual encounters. All of the other sexually transmitted infections are possible as well.

Dear Shannon, I need your help like never before
Am I at risk of HIV and STD