Dear Shannon, I need your help like never before

I really need your help! I had sex with a girl without condom. On the 45 day my lymph nodes get bigger (neck, armpit, groin). So, I have passed the analysis of HIV on the 1,3,6,7,8 weeks after exposure. The test was the forth generation ( antibody+antigen p24).All tests were negative. But then I went to Spain to study there. In Spain I can not pass the ''normal'' analysis of HIV because I do not have insurance policy and without this policy it is very expensive (more than 150 euro). But here I can pass rapid finger-blood tests ( the results are ready in 20 minutes). So, I have passed 4 rapid tests on the 12 week, 13 week, 14 week and the last one on the 116 day after exposure. All tests are negative. Can I trust theese results? Can I be sure that I do not have HIV? And may I trust theese rapid test? The doctor in Spain said that they are absolutely the same as ''normal blood test''. But I have doubts. Doubts about my lymph nodes and about this type of test. Thank you for help.

Hi You are HIV free! The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.

And yes the oral test has the accuracy as does the blood test.

Trust the results and in the future make sure you have condoms with you and that you wear them!

be well and stay safe, Shannon

am I in hiv risk 3 ?
Yet another oral sex question