daughter of 2 may have touched blood

Hi, I have been diagnosed with an ocd regarding hiv, but still awaiting treatment. When I was at a gp surgery I sat my daughter on a chair while I rang for taxi, as any child does she was climbing all over the chair. When I got up I noticed a piece of cotton wool with a tiny bit of blood on it. At the time I just got up and left but now I think what if she touched it, or what if there was blood on the chair. Is she at any risk. I heard hiv dies immediately once it leaves the body. Is this true, do I need to get her tested or is my anxiety the problem.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Your anxiety is the problem in this case. It's great that you know about having OCD, I'm sure that treatment will help you as you move forward to manage your feelings of worry and danger.

At the same time, it's very natural to want to protect your child from the dangers of the world. There's nothing wrong with that. However, over time it will hopefully get easier for you to recognize the difference between possible danger and impossible danger. The case you describe falls into the impossible category.

The difficulty here is that I can explain why there's no risk, but the question is whether you're at a point to believe that over the long-term. That part is what a therapist can help with :)

Hope this helps!

Erik

Confusion 2
thankful