Confusion 2

I am confused with the answer especially the last one..help pls..Why you advised me to do this every 6 months..I am not a sexually active person..I got negative 84 days..HIV 1/2 antibody test from a 1 time unprotected insertive anal sex.. " While 90 days is considered conclusive, I would feel extremely confident in the results of your 84 day test. I do not think you need to test for this incident again, but with the expectation that you are tested for HIV and all other STD's at least once a year, and preferably every six months. - DR. CORDOVA"

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

What my colleague Richard is saying is it's important to take into account whether you're sexually active at all. Sometimes people would say "I'm not a sexually active person" but what that means to them is that they have sex very rarely or have oral sex. Both of these situations is considered sexually active though.

However, if you're saying that you literally never have sex aside from the one sexual situation that made you get tested, then you wouldn't really need to get tested again.

Hope this helps!

Erik

may i infected
daughter of 2 may have touched blood