may i infected

Dr. I am from India, male 34 age, recently I participated intercourse with male. I fucked him anal sex with condom but unexpectedly the condom tore. so after 45 th day I checked aids test it was Hiv negative. even though I have some fear so I tested 55th day to my partner It is also negative.

My question is There is any chance to get aids

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Generally condoms are very good at what they do. In cases like this where the condom does break, it's important to pull out as soon as you realize what's going on.

If I understand your story correctly, you were only inside him for a short period of time once the condom broke. This would put you at much lower risk than if you had stayed in him for awhile unprotected. This is a good thing.

Getting tested will just tell you for sure one way or the other what your status is. While we recommend getting tested at 90 days, your 45 day test also gives us a good picture of where you are.

Hope this helps!

Erik

HIV through Breast milk?
Confusion 2