Slightly worried.

Hello mr. Cordova!

So, I'm another hypochondriac with poor judgement who just had unprotected sex with a "bar girl" in Bangkok (not a prostitute, mind you, as no money was exchanged). I wouldn't worry to much about it normally but thing is that I have a small sore, or cut on the tip of my penis. Although not bleeding much at all, I figured that this might have increased my chances for contracting HIV, assuming that she was infected? So my question what I should do now? I read that you could take something called nPEP during the first 72 hours to reduce the chance of the virus getting a foothold, but maybe that is going a bit to far?

Anyway, thankful for any help! Q

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Since you didn't use a condom you were definitely at risk. The likelihood of transmission from a one-time incident of penetrative vaginal sex would be fairly low. I'm not really sure if PEP is warranted, although you could talk to your doctor. It must be started withing 72 hours so you will have to work quickly if that is the course of action you wish to take.

Either way, I would suggest a full round of STD testing including HIV at the 90 day mark.

In health,

Richard

Please help - in need of advice, guidance.
hiv symptoms