Oral Sex (Cunnilingis) with Cold Sores

Hi Richard - I am a 30 year old male and my exposure was performing oral sex on a female of unknown status for 5-10 minutes (very intoxicated) who I met late at a bar and hooked up with on vacation. I had dead skin cells in both cheeks, three cold sores near tip of my tongue, very dry mouth, she was very wet, and after inserting my finger very deep into her vagina, I did put my index finger into my mouth.

Starting at exactly 14 days, right up until I had my tests at 40 days, I have had (with no crazy online poster-like exaggeration): facial flushing (but no fever over 100), terrible headaches, sore throat, rashes (hives on stomach, back arms and legs; red blotches looking like eczema/seborric dermatitis on my face; and little pimply rashes on legs and buttocks; bumpy red rash on legs that when I itched it bled and scabbed over like petechiae looking), persistent canker sores on tongue, super itchy skin, dry mouth, diarrea, nausea, vomitting and have lost 12 lbs. I'm very concerned as I've made the biggest mistake of my life and at the worst time possible - my wife is 8 months pregnant. She is yet to be tested but her symptoms have been macupapular rash on back of both legs (started 3 days, lasted 5 days post exposure), and at 12 days developed sore throat, nasal congestion, muscle aches, severe coughing, lot of mucous, vomitting and still after 8 weeks now, has the cough and sore throat. She hasn't been tested but is planning to very soon.

My 40 day PCR RNA test (20c/ml - 10million c/ml range) came back negative, as did my antibody test for HIV 1 & 2. Can you please tell me based on your expertise, how conclusive these results are? Also - do you recommend another such combo test (or just antibody test) at 3 months? 6 months?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Your 40 day test is good indicator of what you can expect at 90 days. You only need to test at the 90 day mark, the six-month window is outdated. You will only need to go in for an antibody test.

Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV. Perhaps you are feeling some anxiety because you had sex with someone besides your wife? It's pretty common for people in your situation to feel a lot anxiety when something like this happens. The thought of infecting your wife and unborn child is a pretty heavy thought to have on your mind so it's understandable that it might cause you stress.

Based on the situation you described, the overall risk was still fairly low. I am sure your 90 day test will be negative.

In health,

Richard

I need you the opinion of an expert please. stress has killed me.
do i am at hiv risk