Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I need you the opinion of an expert please. stress has killed me.
Dec 12, 2012

I am a 21-old male. I had protected sex with a protistute on the 17th of september. That night after having sex I found a bruise on the body of my penis (like if there was blood under my skin) but I did not find blood out of the skin. Everything was ok untill, 3 weeks after exposure, my nipples started itching then had inflamation in both nipples and a swollen lymph node under my right armpit. I got really scared so I immeadiately went for antibody test (22 days after exposure) which came back nigative. I found out then that antibody test is meaningless before 3 months. So I went for a Real-Time PCR RNA HIV Test (25 days after exposure) and was very nervous untill I got a negative result. I then started to feel ok untill I found out that it is not conclusive. I have read about the false-negative and cost issues which in my case are no problem.

My question is: What do you think I am likely to be? HIV+ or HIV-? depending on the information I listed here? I am going for another antibody test soon I know I have to. But are these results highly accurate at least? I AM A STUSENT AND I CANNOT STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS ALL THE DAY

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Protected sex (where the condom is used properly and doesn't break) holds NO RISK for HIV. Congrats on using protection! Keep it up!

As for all the things you're feeling physically.. they must be related to something else. It's very possible that they are related to stress and worry over your feelings of being at risk.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
Am I at serious risk?
Next
Oral Sex (Cunnilingis) with Cold Sores

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.