I need you the opinion of an expert please. stress has killed me.

I am a 21-old male. I had protected sex with a protistute on the 17th of september. That night after having sex I found a bruise on the body of my penis (like if there was blood under my skin) but I did not find blood out of the skin. Everything was ok untill, 3 weeks after exposure, my nipples started itching then had inflamation in both nipples and a swollen lymph node under my right armpit. I got really scared so I immeadiately went for antibody test (22 days after exposure) which came back nigative. I found out then that antibody test is meaningless before 3 months. So I went for a Real-Time PCR RNA HIV Test (25 days after exposure) and was very nervous untill I got a negative result. I then started to feel ok untill I found out that it is not conclusive. I have read about the false-negative and cost issues which in my case are no problem.

My question is: What do you think I am likely to be? HIV+ or HIV-? depending on the information I listed here? I am going for another antibody test soon I know I have to. But are these results highly accurate at least? I AM A STUSENT AND I CANNOT STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS ALL THE DAY

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Protected sex (where the condom is used properly and doesn't break) holds NO RISK for HIV. Congrats on using protection! Keep it up!

As for all the things you're feeling physically.. they must be related to something else. It's very possible that they are related to stress and worry over your feelings of being at risk.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Am I at serious risk?
Oral Sex (Cunnilingis) with Cold Sores