Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Red Light District Risk
Dec 12, 2012

I am so embarrassed and sad to post this but I was extremely drunk at the Red Light District and do not remember much. I am freaking out that I might have caught an STD that night, but more scared that I caught a life threatening disease such as HIV. Here are the details that I remember from the night: Going into a blue-lit room (which actually stands for transsexuals etc.)and talking to the prostitute who said "she" was very young. I drunkenly and stupidly kept asking her why she does this as a living and she then had enough of it and offered me my money back. There were unopened condoms all over the bed but I can't remember anything else (including if I even left after she offered me the money back). Next thing I remembered is that I stumbled into another room (red lit) and she began giving me oral sex for about a minute until I entered her "doggy" style with the same condom. After about a minute she then told me I was two drunk and I left. I ended up getting back to my hostel safe. I am mordified not only about what happened that night but that I don't remember some of it. I am most definitely getting tested when I return home but I just want to know with these specific details how bad is the risk of getting HIV from any of these professional prostitutes. It's all I can think about and haven't gotten a good night sleep in four nights. Any of your wisdom will help. Also how long should I wait before getting tested due to the window period of HIV showing up in a test. Thanks so much your response really means a lot to me

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Using a condom protected you from HIV and many STD's. It also reduced the likelihood of transmission of STD's such as Syphilis and Herpes, which are transmitted via skin-to-skin contact.

The risk was not greater because these women were sex-workers. In fact, sex-workers often have a higher use of condom use than the general public. That's good news for you!

Since you used a condom I do not think you need to be tested for HIV. However, if you would like a test for your peace of mind then a full panel of STD testing at the 90 day mark will give you all of the answers you are looking for.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Worried Well?
Next
Need Help - Oral from stripper

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.