sex with positive girl

hello dr shannon before 5 months i had a sex with sex worker unfortunately my condom was broken but i dont know that after full vaginal intercoue completed then i noticed that from that day i was in anxicty worried and upnormal mind then after 3 months me and that girl did hiv anti1/2 test iam crying to say this understand dr pls she is hiv positive but result came to me negative again i did antibody test at 4 th month that also negative to me now what is my status dr no severe symptoms for me still now pls answer to me i hope you understnad my problems ,thank you

Hi I'm sorry to hear about your situation. There are a couple of important things to know about your situation. Just like getting pregnant it doesn't happen every time. It's harder for a woman to give this virus to a man. She may also have been infected after the experience with you.

I would recommend if you have not yet received testing that you do so. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.

Hiv transmission
If you've made an error in judgement - if you're going to Google symptoms, do it for "anxiety"