The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

sex with positive girl

Dec 12, 2012

hello dr shannon before 5 months i had a sex with sex worker unfortunately my condom was broken but i dont know that after full vaginal intercoue completed then i noticed that from that day i was in anxicty worried and upnormal mind then after 3 months me and that girl did hiv anti1/2 test iam crying to say this understand dr pls she is hiv positive but result came to me negative again i did antibody test at 4 th month that also negative to me now what is my status dr no severe symptoms for me still now pls answer to me i hope you understnad my problems ,thank you

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi I'm sorry to hear about your situation. There are a couple of important things to know about your situation. Just like getting pregnant it doesn't happen every time. It's harder for a woman to give this virus to a man. She may also have been infected after the experience with you.

I would recommend if you have not yet received testing that you do so. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Hiv transmission
If you've made an error in judgement - if you're going to Google symptoms, do it for "anxiety"

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint