Please answer Dr. Shannon / Dr. Richard
Dec 12, 2012
I visited bangkok recently and went to a massage parlour where the masseuse (who was also a commercial sex worker) gave me a body to body massage. I ensured she wore her panties at all times. Towards the end she rubbed my unprotected penis between her breasts and followed it by masturbating my bare penis with her hands. In the dim lighting i couldn't make out any blisters or lesions in her hands or her body but am not certain of it. At the end of the massage, i realised she was a breast-feeding mother though i dont recall any instance of breast milk spilling anywhere but again due to the oil and the lighting, i cant be certain. I did not indulge in any vaginal or anal or oral sex. In my worried state, i checked my penis - under the foreskin ( i am not circumsized) there were a few pink spots that appeared to be breaks in the skin (but this could well be my paranoid imagination) but there was no bleeding. My question is
1. Should i get tested for hiv ( i dont want to infect my wife also) 2. my wife enjoys oral sex - shall i give her oral sex with this uncertainty ( vaginal sex will be with protection only) 3 what is the risk of hiv being transmitted from breast milk spillage onto breaks in the skin on the penis 4. what is the risk of herpes (hsv 2) being transmitted breast milk spillage onto breaks in the skin on the penis 5. How long should i wait to test for both hiv and hsv 2
I would be very grateful for some guidance as i am worried out of my head.
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi All that you experienced carries no risk for HIV transmission. No need to get tested for this encounter. Oral sex with your wife is fine, even if HIV were to be present, oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. Breast milk carries the risk for mother to child transmission. So again, no need for concern for HIV transmission through your encounter.
Be well and please stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Headache A Sign Of HIV?
- Is Sinus Infection An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.