Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

possible exposure ?
Dec 11, 2012

Hi Doctor Richard, i would like to start of by thanking you for doing such a good job and helping others with their queries , i have few questions which i will be glad enough if you could possibly answer them:- Risk :- i had protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex- kissing (no tongue), fellatio for less than a minute . i had just sucked her nipples for few a seconds , no other oral sex was performed by me on her. the girl was a sex worker from Philippines living in Dubai she had braces on. she also exchanged a sip of whiskey in coca cola from me mouth to mouth which i might have swallowed some. the protected vaginal sex lasted for a minute i would want to know what are the chances of getting hiv from the above risk, the only symptoms i have are related to mouth i.e swelling of taste buds , few white spots on upper lip can only see them when i stretch the lips (painless) i see my inner cheeks and roof of the mouth and tongue is pinkinsh and whitish also have one red bruise in my inner check which i feel may have come due to scratching while self diagnosis for oral leukoplakia . i am really stressed this exposure happened 2 months ago i did had test 2 weeks after exposure for HIV 1 and HIV 2 also HSV 1 and HSV 2 both were non reactive , i will wait for an another month which will make the window period 4 months and then take the HIV test. my questions (sorry for a long post) what are the chances of obtaining HIV ? does oral leukoplakia comes in such short period (2months) if the risk exists ? what test should i take which would give conclusive report?should i also take any other test for STD thank you Doctor i would really appreciate if you could get a chance to answer my questions. God bless you . with warm Regards --J--

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi J:

Thanks for writing in. I do not think this was a high-risk situation. Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV. I do not think you need to be tested for this incident in particular. However, if you would like to best tested for your peace of mind, then a test at 90 days will give you a conclusive answer.

In health,

Richard

Previous
My testing result
Next
cold sore

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.