Injured lip while kissing. Risk?

Hello!

I am sorry to bother you again with such a question. I am certain you heard this a lot of times over and over again, but I need to ask.

I just met a guy, and we kissed. I must have been a little careless, because he said that his lips are hurt, he said I bit him. I looked at his lips and indeed, it was wounded, it was red and the skin was visibly not intact. It was not actively bleeding however... There was some kind of a liquid coming from the wound. It's smell remembered me of blood-serum. I didn't have any visible wounds or bleeding gums in my mouth and my lips didn't have any bleeding wounds either. Or so I hope.

If I assume that this guy I kissed with was HIV positive, would you say that I shouldt take a HIV test, or I should just forget about it and get on with my life?

I appreciate your questin in advance. Thank you for the effort you put into this.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Overall I'd say the risk of transmission is low. I do not think you need to be tested for this incident in particular. However, if you need a test for peace of mind, then one at 90 days will suffice.

In health,

Richard

Eviplera
Medications and kidney failure