Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv in vaginal fluid enters condom fused with sperm cause hiv?
Dec 11, 2012

Sir, Recently I had a sex with a prostitute, only one time. Firstly I undressed her. I just touched my finger on her vagina (not inserted fully) and felt wet fluid from her vagina on my finger. The touching on her vagina not more than 5 seconds. After in a minute I took my condom and try to insert it on my penis. But my penis went down, Myself and the girl done a handjob inorder to make erect my penis. After it get erected I put the condom. Then in few minutes after I inserted my penis into her vagina (with condom) and encounter her for few seconds (10-15 Sec). Then I got the peak and when I m getting to peak, during my first ejaculation itself I took my penis away from her vagina. After 2 minutes I went and removed the condom and washed my penis. My question is, If the girl was infected with hiv +, when I m touching her vagina first time with my finger and the vaginal fluid touched in finger get enters into condom inside, which may contact with my sperm when I m encountering can cause HIV? I never kissed her, I never licked her nipple. Just if the vaginal fluid enters into condom and in a few minutes I m ejaculated will cause HIV? After this happen, in the Third day I feel chill in my body. A small rash came on my skin in the hand. The chill never goes still. I tested HIV test ELISA (i 4th day) which is negative. Also the same done for her is also negative. My VDRL is weekly positive, and her VDRL is negative. I never feel throt pain, headach, fever etc. only chill remains still. She also told that she feel chill. Three months before she was negative in HIV, then few days back tested also she was negative. She is having Diarrhea for many years as told by her. Three months back she get fever. I noticed her and asked her ans she said that she never have any throat pain, sweat, body rashes, at anytime. but only she have chill feeling. Will it is HIV. Am I affected? will the vagina fluid touching on my finger and enters condom and by my encounter force, whether the virus enters into my Urethra to cause hiv? Kindly suggest I am confused with the risk of my life.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi The risk of HIV transmission though what you have described is very small. Fingering someone carries one of the lowest risk of HIV transmission. HIV does begin to die once it is outside of the body. Touching her vaginal fluid and then putting on the condom also carries a very low risk. With both of you testing negative to this point is obviously great news. The symptoms you both are experiencing can be due from many different things. Stress, anxiety, another type of viral infection or bacteria.

If your symptoms continue I would recommend that you follow up with your health care provider. Not just for HIV but for all of the sexually transmitted diseases and other viral infections, the flu etc..

I do feel comfortable telling you that I do not believe that HIV is a concern here. As you wore condoms during sex and in order for HIV transmission to occur there needs to be a direct exchange of body fluid.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Is testing recommended???
Next
mother to child transmission

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.