Testing times

I saw the post here you wrote the following Hi The window period can be very confusing. The testing time is initially at 3 weeks then again at 3 months.

My question is that you recommend testing at 3 weeks and finally at 3 months

What is the accuracy of testing at 6 weeks? I know it will not be conclusive but would most people be identified byb6 weeks? What would the bet guess percentage be at 6 weeks? This is specifically for a test with oraquick is the best test at 6 weeks

Thanks so much for keeping us all sane and positive

Hi I apologize that my answer seemed confusing. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again. Yes most people would be identified at the 6 week mark, but the 90 day mark is what are suggested in the guidelines.

hiv transmission through blade
am i in hiv risk?