|Dear Shannon - please answer - swollen elbow node
Dec 9, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful work you and your colleagues are doing in answering questions on this forum. Thank you in advance for your patience in anwering mine.
I am male, 33. Had vaginal and oral sex with a CSW in Madrid(with condom & did not see it broken) on 11-Oct. Had mild sore throat and fever between 13-Oct and 18-Oct. From 18-Oct (1 week), I developed a burning / prickly rash on my upper back - which has been there ever since. Sometimes I also see large red blotches all over my back (they look painted because they do not change color even on applying pressure). Since 29-Nov (8 weeks), I have noticed that my left elbow node is considerably swollen and prominently visible. I am very very scared.
1. I have read HIV ARS can feel like burning sensation on upper back - please advice if it can start as soon as 1 week from exposure and last for almost 8 weeks.
2. Does my swollen elbow node (it has remained swollen for 1 week now) cause alarm?
3. I am terrified I might be the first person to have been HIV infected after having protected sex. What are the chances?
Please Shannon, could you reply?
Thanks a ton!
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Thank you for the kind words, you are why we do what we do! We want to answer your questions!
Your risk of HIV transmission was protected and so the risk of HIV transmission is almost non existent. There is no guarantee but the likelihood of transmission is not likely when having protected sex.
I would recommend that you follow up with your healthcare provider if your symptoms continue. I do feel confident in saying that this is not HIV but you want to ensure there is nothing else going on with you.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Elbow Rash Hiv
- Hiv Rash On Elbow
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.