Oral transmission

Hi, About 9 months back I was in Thailand in a strip club. One of the girls on the pole decided to put a banana halfway up her vagina. She then broke a bit off and handed it to me and I ate it. If their was vaginal fluid on the bit that I ate, what are the chances of me contracting HIV? Thank you.

Hi Oral transmission carries the lowest risk of HIV infection. In the scenario you have described, the risk is very low. It would increase "some" if there was a fresh open wound in your mouth that was bleeding and of course if her vaginal fluid had a HIV in it. The risk is very very small. Also HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body. Eating something that has been in someone's body is not highly recommended,not just for HIV but for all of the sexually transmitted infections and other bacteria's that may be present.

But again, your risk of HIV transmission is slim to none.

HIV, sperm and fingerstick
Dear Shannon - please answer - swollen elbow node